Saturday, May 9, 2009

What a day!

Earlier this week, my husband told me to not make any plans for Saturday because he had something "in the works." Of course, I was curious as could be, but he wouldn't give me any hints.

He woke me up Saturday morning and handed me an envelope. Inside was a wonderful note about how the day was going to be all about me and all about relaxing. He then handed me the GPS and said that all my "destinations" for the day were programmed in and then handed me a stack of envelopes with times on them. He said once I arrived at a destination, I was to open the assigned envelope. THEN AND ONLY THEN could I open the envelopes. He made that abundantly clear and made me promise not to peek - my husband knows me so well!

I was instructed to leave at 8:30am morning and my first preprogrammed destination led me to the gas station. There I opened the envelope and inside was another sweet note and $2.00 to get my beloved fountain Dr. Pepper. (Oh, that man owns my heart). I was then off to my next preprogrammed destination.

Location #2 led me to The Mirage Salon and Day Spa. Once I arrived, I opened the envelope and found out I was there to receive a 1 hour massage and pedicure - all paid for in advance! (As you can imagine, I am thoroughly enjoying this day so far).

After my pampering, I had another envelope to open. Inside I found more money and a note that said to treat myself to lunch and then take some time to shop around town until my next destination which I was to arrive at 12:50 via the GPS and then open the next envelope.

12:50 arrived and wow - next on the agenda Josh had planned a Spa Manicure AND facial! Again, I was pampered to the extreme. I had an envelope to open after I had these two treatments, and it was another heartfelt note with instructions to return home for a shower and to get ready that I had a "special dinner date" at my next GPS location at 5pm. But, I was instructed first to hit play on the CD player when I arrived home (no one was there by the way). It was another surprise, Josh had a special song set to play while I got ready.

My last preprogrammed location led me to Colton's, where my wonderful husband was waiting with a huge smile on his face.

If you know Josh, he isn't a huge romantic, but when he decides to do something special - it is unbelieveable. He truly spoils me and I am without a doubt the luckiest wife and mom in the whole world. I am blessed.

1 comment: