Our boy started 1st grade today...and loved it. He seemed so relaxed and truly full of joy after school so I know he felt comfortable and loved while he was there, which makes my heart and mind rest easier. Some moms say it gets easier each time you take them to the first day of school, others say that it will never cease tugging at your heartstrings...I am pretty sure I am going to fall in the latter category. Yes, I admit, I teared up a little as I pulled away from his elementary, but kept it together enough to make it to work without mascara streaming down my face. And I am sure Josh was extremely relieved that I didn't call him on the way to work sobbing about how our baby was growing up and how I didn't want to leave him like I did last year on the first day of school. So here he is going into school...he took my heart with him, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
You are right - it never gets any easier - they are still you babies - even when they are grown - Love MOM
ReplyDeleteCan you even stand that we have first graders!!! Oh my gosh. Seems impossible.
ReplyDelete