Monday, May 31, 2010

Teacher Gift

I worried. I searched. I fretted over what to get Reid's 1st grade teacher as an end of the year gift. This woman, Mrs. Todd, is unbelievable. She. Is. Amazing. She was exactly the kind of teacher Reid needed and the exact kind of teacher I hoped he would have. Firm, loving, pushes the children to reach every bit of their potential, truly a master teacher. So, yes, I stressed over what to give her. It would need to be the perfect gift because she is the perfect teacher. Then, it hit me. I came up with the plan and bought the supplies, but then Reid executed it from start to finish.

We started off with a clay pot and Reid painted "Thank you for helping me grow" on it.



He then let his artistic skills flow with a sun, rolling hills and big blue sky.

Add a lily and the gift is almost complete.

The last touch was a hand written note to include. It reads, "Thank you for being my teacher. I wish I could stay with you in first grade. But, I know that I must go on to second grade. I love you."

What more could a teacher want, but than to have such an impact on a child's life, they wish they could remain their teacher? Yeah, she is that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment