Tuesday, April 13, 2010

2 years

It has been two years now since Nanny Billie passed away. I lamented over what exactly to post. The exact words, the perfect sentiments to remember her on this day. Yet nothing was good enough. Nothing was powerful enough. So, I decided to simply post the poem that was chosen to be used during her memorial service. I would write more, but I don't need to. She knows.

Wilma "Billie" Kingrey
November 8, 1922 - April 13, 2008

A Lady on Earth, Now an Angel in Heaven

A woman so fragile with a heart of gold.
We all loved and our hearts she stole.
A woman whose heart; always strong and bold.
Forever and always, her memory we'll hold.
A lifetime of love she shared with all,
Has now answered her maker's call.
She's been there through all the good times and bad,
She was the best mother, sister and friend we all ever had.
Our angel was special; she made all our days bright,
When our Father gave his call; she walked to the light.
She filled hearts with happiness
and the utmost love,
Now she is in heaven with our Lord above.
The angel we all knew for her memory we shall hold,
Is walking with our loved ones on
God's streets of gold.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for posting this! I can't believe it's been 2 years :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like you - surprise surprise - I just couldn't put in writing what my heart was feeling. You did good little girl - I love you.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete