Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Weekend

We had a busy, but fun 4th of July weekend. We kicked it off Friday with a quick trip to Little Rock to see my parents and celebrate my dad's birthday a little early (it is actually today!). I forgot my camera, so you will just have to take my word for it that we had a great time. I love getting to just hang out with my parents. Happy Birthday, Dad...I couldn't ask for a better Daddy and friend.

Saturday, we headed up to Springdale to visit some of our good friends. The girls went shopping and the guys golfed in the rain. Then we all grilled out and headed over to the Elk's Lodge in Fayetteville for an AWESOME fireworks show. We have already made plans to go there again next year because we had such a great time.

Sunday was low key and capped the holiday weekend off with the local fireworks show and then of course, shooting off our own fireworks at home. Reid is a little daredevil, so he had a blast! He has come the the conclusion he likes "lighting things up" as he puts it. :)

Reid's bag of goodies that he picked out at the fireworks stand.



Being the parents of the year like we are, we allowed Reid to light his own fireworks.



It was a great weekend with family, friends, food and fireworks...Happy 4th!

2 comments:

  1. I bet Reid had so much fun! I remember when the kids were small, we had so much fun 4th of July. Hope you all enjoyed Reid's Firework Show! :)

    ReplyDelete