To kick it off, I made two new recipes for Josh's poker night on Saturday - Taco Turkey Wraps and Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Bars. The wraps were really simple but a nice finger food. All it included was deli turkey, cheese, sour cream and a little taco seasoning. Simple was the theme as the bars were just as easy. They involve a tube of chocolate chip cookie dough, cream cheese, 1 egg and a little sugar.
Taco Turkey WrapsFast forward to tonight, it was my first "surprise dinner recipe" and it was a hit! I prepared Chicken Baskets, which is similar to a Chicken Pot Pie, but uses a pastry shell instead. Josh really enjoyed this recipe and was pleasantly surprised with this warm, rustic recipe on this frigid night.
Hopefully, all the other recipes this week will turn out just as fabulous. I will be sure and post about each of them as I know all 5 of my readers are on the edge of their seat. :)
Let me know the ones your dad might eat - :)
ReplyDelete