Sunday, January 31, 2010

Love is in the air!

Reid has a "girlfriend." And by girlfriend, I mean someone he plays with regularly, sits by at lunch, has given the title of "his girl" and does whatever she asks. Infact, he even wore a tie to school the other day just because she requested he dress up that day. Who is this little girl that has a hold of my boy's heart? Her name is Ellarie. Yes, she is as cute as her name is. That being said, Reid wanted to get her something special for Valentine's Day. So, we picked her up a cupcake heart card and a heart shaped lollipop. Reid took his time and wrote a meaningful little note inside and drew her a picture. It just melts my heart. She better not break his heart...I am just saying...

The card and lollipop for Ellarie.

His sweet note and drawing. Incase you can't distinguish the card, it reads as follows:
Dear Ellarie, I know that you want it to be summer so we don't have to put all this stuff on. Happy Valentine's Day. From: Reid Then he drew a sun with sunglasses and a cute little flower.

On a less "my boy is growing up and I can't stand it" note, I created Reid's Valentine class party goodie bags this weekend. For the girls, I put a little Hugs juice, hershey kisses and a heart shaped ring pop. Attached to the little sack was this:


For the boys (who I knew wouldn't appreciate hugs and kisses), I filled their sacks with Pop Rocks and a blow pop and a note that says, "You Rock!"


And last but not least, I gotta give a shout out to my Hubby. He surprised me with an early Valentine's Day present...my own iPhone! Now, I can stop "borrowing" his. And fyi... I am addicted to Words with Friends. If you don't know, its the iPhone version of Scrabble. Yes, I am a nerd, but my Hubby loves me. Thank you, Hubby!

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing you all - will try and get together when Papaw home -

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious! This is the cutest post, tell Reid he did a great job, she will LOVE it. And your IPhone....I have had one since a year ago Christmas, wouldn't have any other phone! Congrats on your early V-day gift!

    ReplyDelete