Wednesday, September 15, 2010

If I were...

So, my old roomie, Angela tagged me to complete the following "If I were..." questions. Mind you, I am not the writer extrodanaire that she is (yes, she really is - check her blog out), but I will give it a whirl for my reader's entertainment and for the simple fact my peeps, Angela, asked me to do it.

If I were a month, I would be July. Does it get any better than summertime, cold lemonade, no school and fireworks? I don't think so.


If I were a day of the week, I would be Thursday! It's hubby's game night and oh how do the Edgin's love their football games. Not to mention, it is almost the weekend AND the next day is jeans day at school!

If I were a time of day, I would be right when Reid wakes up in the morning and comes crawls between Josh and I. There is something just comforting knowing that our boy is safe and sound in our arms. We are all three perfectly content just lying there talking and giggling of course.

If I were sea animal, I would be a starfish. I mean really...how awesome would life be just lounging on the beach soaking up the sun all day! Ahhh...now that is the life.

If I were a direction, it would be south. Sweet iced tea, humid nights and a slow southern drawl...doesn't get any sweeter than that. But, funny, because my husband would truly be north. He loves the cold. Crazy, huh?

If I were a piece of furniture, it would be a rocking chair. On a porch...with that glass of sweet, iced tea. I'm just sayin'...

If I were a gemstone, I would be a pearl. Simple and clean. Not to mention, my first piece of jewelry was a pair of heart earrings with a pearl on them from my parent's when I was a little girl...which I still have to this day.

If I were a tree, I would be a magnolia. In my grandmother's yard stands a enormous, beyond gorgeous magnolia tree to this day. We would sit under it in her green metal swing and shoot the breeze. It will be hard not seeing that tree anymore when my parents move. Yes, I know its just a tree, but it is her tree.

If I were a flower, I would be a red gerber daisy. I have always loved these flowers for their sheer beauty. But, they were the flower on my grandmother's casket, so now it carries a whole other sentimental value to me.


If I were a kind of weather, I would be a summer night. The kind of night that sticks to your skin, makes you talk slow, move even slower and eventually leads to a bowl of homemade ice cream.

If I were a car, I would be a blue and white early 80's Chevy Blazer. What? That's not the car of choice these days? That was my first car which meant freedom. It also meant my parents trusted me enough to let me loose with it and worked hard enough to provide it for me. It was a simpler time in life...

If I were a place, I would be a beach. Really - no surprise there. Long as I am not snow/cold, I would be pretty content.

If I were a fabric, I would be denim. Jeans - gotta love 'em.

If I were a scent, I would be honeysuckle. Sweet, soft and a flood of memories of growing up on my family's farm.

If I were a song, I would be Butterfly Kisses. The first song my daddy and I danced to. I still tear up to this day when I hear it.

If I were a pair of shoes, I would be on sale. That's right...this girl loves her sales!

Ok, well now you know what I would be if I were... I know you will rest better and feel more complete after reading this post. So, now it is my turn to tag someone to do the same for mankind. I tag Danielle. Let's hear what you have to say...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, PUL-LEASE! You are an AWESOME writer! I knew what I was doing when I picked you to do this! THANK YOU! Miss you. We need to hook up, Roomie!

    ReplyDelete